Code of Conduct
Best Buddies International wants e-Buddies to be a safe, positive experience for all participants. All participants are asked to read and agree to the e-Buddies Code of Conduct when they complete the e-Buddies application.
Violating the e-Buddies Code of Conduct can result in immediate dismissal from
Best Buddies respects the privacy of all e-Buddies participants. We will not divulge any information about you to anyone else. We do not share our mailing list with any other groups or individuals. All information is maintained on a secure server.
Terms of Service
Best Buddies reserves the right to deny entrance into e-Buddies to anyone, for any reason, at any time. We also reserve the right to terminate anyone from e-Buddies after acceptance for any reason, at any time. If you are accepted into e-Buddies, we ask that you agree to participate for one year. If you must withdraw from e-Buddies before the year is up, we ask that you notify us at email@example.com.
Best Buddies considers all information received from e-Buddies applicants and participants to be confidential. Participants are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all privileged information they receive.
e-Buddies participants agree to:
- E-mail at least once a week. Participants receive automated reminder notices if 2 weeks pass without them sending an e-mail.
- Always e-mail their e-Buddy at firstname.lastname@example.org. To read more about the e-Buddies E-mail System, please click here.
- If you change your e-mail address, please update it via our website. Go to www.ebuddies.org, click on the button that says: "e-Buddies: Did you change your e-mail address? Please click here!"
- Stay active for at least one year from the beginning of the match.
e-Buddies participants agree not to:
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute content that is illegal.
- Harass, threaten, or embarrass an e-Buddy.
- Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, or, in a reasonable person's view, objectionable.
- Pretend to be anyone whom they are not.
- Exchange telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, instant messenger screen names, or mailing addresses.
- Send each other e-mail attachments.
Restriction on In-Person Meetings
Best Buddies prohibits e-Buddies participants from meeting in person unless the meeting is arranged by a Best Buddies staff member or the participants are already members of a chartered Best Buddies chapter.
When e-mailing your e-Buddy, follow the rules of etiquette and good taste. Do not reveal anything about yourself online to someone that you would not feel comfortable revealing to a stranger you met on the street. If you receive an e-mail that makes you uncomfortable, please forward the e-mail and other details about it to us at BillMaurer@BestBuddies.org.
Best Buddies retains a copy of every e-mail exchanged between matched e-Buddies. Best Buddies does not actively monitor e-mail exchanges, but all e-mails are available for review in the event of reports of inappropriate conduct or other potential violations of the e-Buddies Code of Conduct.