e-Buddies E-mail System
The e-Buddies E-mail System is the e-mail software employed by Best Buddies to safely and intuitively connect e-Buddies participants. The e-mail system was designed to help protect the safety and privacy of our members. Incredibly easy to use, the e-mail system also makes it possible for our staff to ensure a high level of match quality.
All communication between matched e-Buddies pairs is conducted through the e-Buddies E-mail System.
About the e-mail system:
- How it works
- Using the e-mail system
- E-mail privacy and monitoring e-mails
How it works
To contact your e-Buddy, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com. Our e-mail system will automatically forward your message to your e-Buddy.
When you receive an e-mail from your e-Buddy, it will be delivered to your inbox from firstname.lastname@example.org. To respond, simply reply to that message.
The e-mail system also has built-in filters to help block inappropriate content from being transmitted. These filters prevent the exchange of personal contact information (phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.), which would violate the e-Buddies Code of Conduct. The e-mail system also filters out offensive language.
The e-mail system automatically tracks your e-mail exchanges and archives your messages. All your messages will be delivered into your regular e-mail inbox, and you can view all of the messages you have sent and received in the e-Buddies Community. If any e-mails from your e-Buddy get lost in cyberspace, or are mistaken for spam by your e-mail provider's junk e-mail filter, your message can be retrieved from the system. Further, in the event of inappropriate conduct, our staff can view the content of these messages and take necessary action.
- Privacy - The e-mail system allows you to contact your e-Buddy without giving out your real e-mail address.
- Simplicity - With the e-mail system, you can simply send an e-mail to email@example.com to contact your e-Buddy. You will not have to remember a new e-mail address, and losing your e-Buddy's e-mail address will not be a problem.
- Safety - The e-mail system filters out the exchange of potentially inappropriate content in the body of e-mail messages.
- Better matches - The e-mail system helps the e-Buddies staff ensure that you hear from your e-Buddy on a regular basis.
- No spam - The e-mail system will only accept messages from active e-Buddies participants, eliminating the chances that you will receive additional junk e-mail through your participation in e-Buddies.
Using the e-mail system
To ensure that you do not encounter any problems using the e-mail system, it is important for you to do the following:
- Always send e-mails to your e-Buddy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Always send e-mails from the e-mail address you have registered with e-Buddies.
- If you change your e-mail address, please be sure to notify us! You can update your e-mail address yourself by clicking here.
- Add email@example.com to your e-mail provider's approved contact list (click here for more information). This will help ensure that your e-Buddy's e-mails are not mistaken for junk e-mail.
- Please e-mail your e-Buddy as regularly as possible. If you will be unable to e-mail your e-Buddy for an extended period, please log into the e-Buddies Community and specify the dates that you will be unable to e-mail - this will help ensure that your match with your e-Buddy remains active while you are away.
- Please remove any signatures from your e-mails that may include your personal contact information, as this could violate the e-Buddies Code of Conduct.
Are you having trouble exchanging e-mails with your e-Buddy? Here are some solutions to common problems:
- Are you matched with an e-Buddy? The firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address will only work if you are currently matched with an e-Buddy. If it has been a while since you last communicated with an e-Buddy, please visit the e-Buddies Community to check on the status of your match.
- Are you sending your e-mails from your registered e-Buddies e-mail address? If you send an e-mail from an address that doesn't exactly match the e-mail address with which you are registered in our records, the system will not recognize you as an active e-Buddy. If you have changed your e-mail address, please update your e-mail address by clicking here, or contact an e-Buddies staff person so we can update it for you.
- Are your e-Buddy's e-mails being mistaken for junk e-mail? In some cases, your e-mail provider may mistakenly mark your e-Buddy's e-mails to you as junk. In this case, your e-Buddy's e-mail might be in your junk e-mail folder, or it may be blocked completely. To ensure that you receive all of your e-Buddy's e-mails, please add email@example.com to your e-mail provider's approved contact list (click here for more information). This will help ensure that your e-Buddy's e-mails are not mistaken for junk e-mail.
E-mail privacy and monitoring e-mails
As stated in the e-Buddies Code of Conduct, Best Buddies retains a copy of every e-mail exchanged between matched e-Buddies. Best Buddies staff does not actively monitor e-mail exchanges, but all e-mails are available for review in the event of inappropriate conduct, a stop in communication, or other potential violations of the Code of Conduct.
The e-Buddies E-mail System was launched on July 1, 2002.