e-Buddies E-mail System
The e-Buddies E-mail System is the e-mail software employed by Best Buddies to safely and intuitively connect e-Buddies participants. The e-mail system was designed to help protect the safety and privacy of our members. Incredibly easy to use, the e-mail system also makes it possible for our staff to ensure a high level of match quality.
All communication between matched e-Buddies pairs is conducted through the e-Buddies E-mail System.
About the e-mail system:
- How it works
- Using the e-mail system
- E-mail privacy and monitoring e-mails
How it works
To contact your e-Buddy, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our e-mail system will automatically forward your message to your e-Buddy.
When you receive an e-mail from your e-Buddy, it will be delivered to your inbox from email@example.com. To respond, simply reply to that message.
The e-mail system also has built-in filters to help block inappropriate content from being transmitted. These filters prevent the exchange of personal contact information (phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.), which would violate the e-Buddies Code of Conduct. The e-mail system also filters out offensive language.
The e-mail system automatically tracks your e-mail exchanges and archives your messages. All your messages will be delivered into your regular e-mail inbox, and you can view all of the messages you have sent and received in the e-Buddies Community. If any e-mails from your e-Buddy get lost in cyberspace, or are mistaken for spam by your e-mail provider's junk e-mail filter, your message can be retrieved from the system. Further, in the event of inappropriate conduct, our staff can view the content of these messages and take necessary action.
If you or your e-Buddy forget to send an e-mail for more than 2 weeks, the e-mail system will send an automated reminder message. These reminders are designed to help you and your e-Buddy maintain the once a week commitment. If no e-mails are sent for more than 3 weeks, a member of the e-Buddies team will follow up to check in with both you and your e-Buddy.
- Privacy - The e-mail system allows you to contact your e-Buddy without giving out your real e-mail address.
- Simplicity - With the e-mail system, you can simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to contact your e-Buddy. You will not have to remember a new e-mail address, and losing your e-Buddy's e-mail address will not be a problem.
- Safety - The e-mail system filters out the exchange of potentially inappropriate content in the body of e-mail messages.
- Better matches - The e-mail system helps the e-Buddies staff ensure that you hear from your e-Buddy on a regular basis.
- No spam - The e-mail system will only accept messages from active e-Buddies participants, eliminating the chances that you will receive additional junk e-mail through your participation in e-Buddies.
Using the e-mail system
To ensure that you do not encounter any problems using the e-mail system, it is important for you to do the following:
- Always send e-mails to your e-Buddy at email@example.com.
- Always send e-mails from the e-mail address you have registered with e-Buddies.
- If you change your e-mail address, please be sure to notify us! You can update your e-mail address yourself by clicking here.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail provider's approved contact list (click here for more information). This will help ensure that your e-Buddy's e-mails are not mistaken for junk e-mail.
- Please e-mail your e-Buddy as regularly as possible. If you will be unable to e-mail your e-Buddy for an extended period, please log into the e-Buddies Community and specify the dates that you will be unable to e-mail - this will help ensure that your match with your e-Buddy remains active while you are away.
- Please remove any signatures from your e-mails that may include your personal contact information, as this could violate the e-Buddies Code of Conduct.
Are you having trouble exchanging e-mails with your e-Buddy? Here are some solutions to common problems:
- Are you matched with an e-Buddy? The email@example.com e-mail address will only work if you are currently matched with an e-Buddy. If it has been a while since you last communicated with an e-Buddy, please visit the e-Buddies Community to check on the status of your match.
- Are you sending your e-mails from your registered e-Buddies e-mail address? If you send an e-mail from an address that doesn't exactly match the e-mail address with which you are registered in our records, the system will not recognize you as an active e-Buddy. If you have changed your e-mail address, please update your e-mail address by clicking here, or contact an e-Buddies staff person so we can update it for you.
- Are your e-Buddy's e-mails being mistaken for junk e-mail? In some cases, your e-mail provider may mistakenly mark your e-Buddy's e-mails to you as junk. In this case, your e-Buddy's e-mail might be in your junk e-mail folder, or it may be blocked completely. To ensure that you receive all of your e-Buddy's e-mails, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail provider's approved contact list (click here for more information). This will help ensure that your e-Buddy's e-mails are not mistaken for junk e-mail.
E-mail privacy and monitoring e-mails
As stated in the e-Buddies Code of Conduct, Best Buddies retains a copy of every e-mail exchanged between matched e-Buddies. Best Buddies staff does not actively monitor e-mail exchanges, but all e-mails are available for review in the event of inappropriate conduct, a stop in communication, or other potential violations of the Code of Conduct.
The e-Buddies E-mail System was launched on July 1, 2002.