Best Buddies International
100 Southeast Second St., Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33131
Toll Free: 1.800.89.BUDDY (1.800.892.8339)
The Group Administration Tool will help you manage and monitor your group's participation in e-Buddies by giving you access to real-time data regarding their e-Buddies matches.
The Group Administration area of ebuddies.org will allow you to:
To access the e-Buddies Group Administration Tool, simply click on the "Group Administration" button on the ebuddies.org main menu, or visit this link:
You will be prompted for your user name and password. When you created a group profile using an e-Buddies Group Application, you should have received an e-mail with your group's login information. Please use the user name and password provided in that e-mail here.
If you have created a profile, but did not receive an e-mail with your user name and password, please contact us.
Note: Your password is case-sensitive, so please note which letters are capitals and which are lower case.
Once you have logged into the Group Administrator, you will be presented with the following options:
Manage Members is the most important section of the Group Administrator. Here are several features with which you will want to familiarize yourself:
See below for more details.
Manage Members: Your Roster
Your group's roster is displayed on the main Manage Members screen. The roster will list the following information:
- Participant Name - Your participant's name; click on a participant's name to view his/her "Member Info" and update his/her contact information.
- Status - Your participants' current e-Buddies Status. Click here for a glossary of terms.
- Match Status - Your participants' current Matched Status. Click here for a glossary of terms.
- Buddy's Name - The first name of your participant's e-Buddy. e-Buddies only provides participants with the first name of the person with whom they are matched.
- Buddy's E-mail Address - The e-mail address at which your participant can contact his/her e-Buddy. In most cases, this will be email@example.com.
- # of E-mails Sent - The number of e-mails sent by your participant to his/her current e-Buddy; click on this number to view the e-mail text.
- Date of Last E-mail Sent - The date of the last e-mail sent by your participant to his/her e-Buddy; if this participant has tried to send an e-mail more recently than is indicated here, it may not have been delivered properly. Please encourage your participant to re-send the last message.
- # of E-mails Received - The number of e-mails sent to your participant by his/her current e-Buddy; click on this number to view the e-mail text.
- Date of Last E-mail Received - The date of the last e-mail sent to your participant by his/her e-Buddy; if this participant did not receive an e-mail on the date indicated here, this message may not have been delivered properly to your participant's e-mail Inbox. Please view the text of the last e-mail sent by the participant's e-Buddy by clicking on the "# of E-mails Received" link.
Manage Members: Member Info
To view a participant's member info, please click on his/her name on your roster. This section will allow you to view and update the following information for your participant:
- Participant Name
- E-mail Address
- Contact info for Parent/Legal Guardian
- e-Buddies Community Login Information
Manage Members: View E-mails
You can view the e-mail sent and received by your matched participants and their current e-Buddy by clicking on the links under "# of E-mails Sent" and "# of E-mails Received."
Manage Members: Add New Members
Click on the "Please click here to add a new participant to your group" to add new participants to your group. This link will take you directly to the abbreviated Group Participant Application.
Manage Members: Past Participants
If you have indicated that a participant has left your group under "Member Info," you can view his/her records here.
Note: Indicating that a participant has left your group will NOT automatically end his/her match. In some cases, participants plan to continue participation on their own. Indicating that he/she has left the group simply removes him/her from your active roster.
Click here to to update the contact information that we have in our records for your school or agency.
This section allows you to update the following information about your group:
Keeping this information up-to-date ensures that we have the information necessary to contact you if any issues should come about regarding your participants.
If participants will be unable to e-mail for an extended period, this section will allow you to temporarily suspend these matches and notify the e-Buddies staff. It is important that e-Buddies staff are aware that participants are still available to participate in e-Buddies to ensure that none of your matches are ended in error.
The Group Status section allows you to suspend matches individually, or to suspend the whole group at once.
For more details, please click here.
This option allows you to change the password that was automatically assigned to your group.
The password assigned to your group was randomly generated. It may be easier to remember if you change it to something more familiar, and we encourage you to pick something unique that will be more secure. It is also a good security measure to periodically change your password.
If you do change your password, please be sure to keep track of what your current password is. If you lose your password, please contact us.