Thank you for your interest in e-Buddies! e-Buddies helps build e-mail friendships between people with and without intellectual disabilities.
Before continuing with your application, please note:
- This application is for joining the e-Buddies program only.
If you are
looking for the online Membership Application to join a Best Buddies chapter
at a middle school, high school or college, please contact
your local state office.
- You must be 10 years of age or older to join e-Buddies.
- If you are under the age of 13, you must complete this application with your parent or legal guardian.
- If you have previously participated in e-Buddies, do not complete a new
application. Contact an
e-Buddies staff member to reactivate your membership.
- e-Buddies contacts references for all participants. You will be asked to
provide the name and e-mail address for three references. Your references can
be friends, family members, neighbors, teachers, co-workers,
or anyone else who knows you well and can answer some brief questions about you.
Please be sure to notify your references before listing them on your application!
- e-Buddies is always free for people with intellectual and developmental
disabilities. e-Buddies is also free for all participants under the age of 18.
Volunteers over the age of 18 who do NOT have an intellectual or developmental
disability will be charged a one-time fee of $50 (portions non-refundable).
- Once your application has been approved, wait times for an e-Buddy can vary,
depending on our pool of participants waiting to be matched.
In some cases, the wait time can be several months. We appreciate your patience.
We would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact us. Thank you!